Total Pageviews

Monday, May 7, 2012

Restoring the 1991 Johnson 40 Hrs Jet Boat Motor Part 2

 In the bottom intake Carburator there is a little fine silt .  When we  finally found the Motor after it had been stored there on the Inklin for about 10 years it was at a 45 degree tilt proped against a small alder with the Carbs pointing down.  The Inklin might have reached it for a brief couple of hours or it might be from the sand bars in daily travel.  There is no fine silt in the top intake Carb.  Bryan used an air compressor and a fine paint brush.  If it was the river rising it does not appear to have gotten into the crank case.  It turns over smooth and free and it is not full of water. 




3 comments:

  1. Hey Bryan that looks pretty new inside :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bryan & Vikki I think I found a exaust housing will check it over in the next few days,to make sure its in good shape. Is there going to be any other parts needed, so I can put it all in one shippment, will put service manual with parts, do you need a service manual for your small outboard if so give me the model # and I will but it in as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kenny.... Any chance of finding a Muffler Housing and an Air Box Cover?? I know I am asking a lot. Bryan didn't want to ask at all but I don't know where we are going to find a whole motor. Bryan says the old small motor is maybe a 3 hrs Johnson from the 50's.

    ReplyDelete