Two planes in two days.... holly smokes!!!! The first brought in 3 barrels of fuel and took out all our furs....some to private buyers, some to N.A.F.A., some to Fur Harvesters Auctions.
The second plane was our trapper friend from 25 km s e of us. He stayed for a couple of hours and visited.
We then went down to the Inklin River and pulled all the wolf sets. Lots of Marten tracks... A good trapper always shuts down the Marten line well before the female take reaches 1/3. Tomorrow we head up to Walkers Valley and work on trail. Vikki will come back to the base cabin by herself tomorrow night and Bryan will stay up there and push the trail further.
 |
| This is the second bunch... the first was 69 Muskrats, plus 3 Otters which went into the first sale of the season |
 |
| Martin tracks |
 |
| Martin Tracks... plus scat |
 |
| Creek beside Inklin trail is opening up.... We're glad the trail is now on solid ground. |
 |
| This is the STEEP DROP... 150 meters (450 ft) grades vary from 25 to 40%. Vikki is 1/5 way up taking picture Bryan is just about at top... You can see him waving if you look hard. look just at the end of the log sticking out in the middle of the air. This is the only part of the Inklin trail that Vikki sometimes wimps out on. Sometimes it is so fast that she panics and puts the brakes on and Bryan has to walk half way up and drive her skidoo down while she slides down the hill. This hill we have redone twice. |
Bryan that is an excellent picture of you and your Winters take of fur. You should have had Vikki in the picture too. You guys are so lucky to have the life you do, all I seem to do is work. Last year I worked over 3500 hours the year before over 3400 hours. I feel just played right out. I am the holder of a registered trapline and did not even get out to it this Winter, that really sucks. But I do have a Grizzly draw this Spring for MU.7-18 I am going to take time off for sure around the beginning of May.
ReplyDeleteHey Bryan&Vikki it looks like it was a good season for you lots of beautiful furs there. Will you be heading for Atlin when the snow disappears? I hope you cut lots of trail :) Brian
ReplyDeleteGreat winter take picture. much deserved. I run a line in manitoba and i know all the hard work that goes into the preperation of fur after the catch. You do a very nice job
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete