Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Fleshing Wolf feet

4 comments:

  1. Hi Trappers,

    I've often wondered if anything is done to preserve the parts of the paws that are not cut away, specifically the pads and the first digit of the toe that holds the claw. Is anything applied to the pads to keep them from drying out?

    Thanks for the interesting posts

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bryan & Vikki I just recieved the Spring 2011 issue of BC Trapper and saw your article and 3 pages of photo's in it.

    Oh yeah good pictures of fleshing Wolf hides etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bryan thanks for showing this, I skinned and cured rabbit and squirrel when I was young. What your doing with the wolves is more like surgery . Did you teach yourself these skills or were your family trappers? Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You mentioned (and I was curious)that Bryan should be wearing gloves. Is there an opportunity to pick up bacteria, viral or parasitic problems?

    ReplyDelete