We received an email yesterday that our application for two line cabins had been granted and that we'll soon be receiving the brass plate to hang over the door. Off we went up to Walkers Valley and started a BIG FIRE. The snow was 5 feet deep. By 6 pm last night it was all cleared.... A 20 foot circle...... This small line-cabin will have to be real strong. This valley gets really high snow fall. Last year at this time there was 12feet of compact snow instead of the 5 now. This has been a really low snow year here.
We have to get this cabin finished before the snow goes because there is only a skidoo trail up here. ( That means that there is still a good 4 feet of trees, brush and logs under the trail.) But we have a month of skidooing here we hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your gonna be busy guys will these cabins be framed or built with logs?
ReplyDeleteI look forward to your progress if I was nearer I'd lend a hand .Bryan Im jealous two cabins to build :)Brian(:
looks like quite a project.getting the walls and basic structure going. what type of tree will you use to form the logs.guess i'm assuming itll be a log cabin. i'd be happy to help if i could. should be a learning experience. ken
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter Ken and Brian... Bryan left an hour ago and I am suppose to get off this computor. Today I am ordering the shingles, tarpaper, roofing nails etc. The Beaver will fly all the stuff in on Thurs. So nice to be able to arrange all this by internet. The only trees up there are balsam. We are going to make the walls with 6" cut timbers. This will involve using the Alaska Mill and cutting three sides flat. We will see how it goes. I had better get my butt out on the skidoo.. Bye bye
ReplyDeleteBryan and Vicki
ReplyDeleteI complement you on your dedication and all the hard work put into developing your trap line. You are living your dream so I assume the enjoyment and fullfillment greatly outways the hard work.
Gord S
Hi gord and vic.... yes the feeling of self worth is worth all the hard and long hours. hope to see you both up here again
ReplyDelete