You hear the trumpetor way before you see it. It circled and circled but there is no open water here yet. Then is headed to the west end of the lake where it is open. This is not a banded one. We are really hoping that M81 will make it back.
Our chickens where hesitant at first..... alot of clucking and chirping and discussing it amoung themselves but within half an hour they were out and having a great time. I'm just placing a new order for 25 Rhode Island Red day old chicks from Miller Hatcheries for pickup in mid June when we are OUT. We've spent the last few days doing little stuff. Bryan got all the traps back in perfect shape and they are now all hung for next season. I've spent time on the computor ordering supplies and looking for the new jet jon boat we are going to buy, now that we just about have the quad trail down to the Inklin River. (2 more kms to finish to make the skidoo trail into a quad trail.
You can see by the pics that we are now cabin bound. Put this 3 or 4 weeks waiting for the ice to go off it a wonderful time. All the birds come back and we see the Bears and the Goats. The first giant Bumblebee was out 2 days ago ALSO THE FIRST GIANT MOSQUITO!!!!!!



I remember that little spot where you fish in the spring. I'll bet that will be fun.
ReplyDeleteRhode Island Reds should be good chickens.
Hi Bryan&Vikki
ReplyDeleteIts good that winter is losing its grip on the lake.
And the world around you its good to get all the jobs done at home. Can you still get a big snow storm before may? :)Brian(:
I was in Elsa, Yukon last week on assignment and having a coffee with a colleague before we headed underground to photograph and he said "I see you follow the Happy Trappers too!". Funny. Anyway, we had time before we headed out so I brought up your cabin postings on the laptop and he caught up with all your progress.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the next few weeks of "downtime" as the ice goes out.