Total Pageviews

Friday, April 16, 2010

Building a Trapper Line Cabin Day 13,14, and the Roof is on!!!!


Bryan used the Alaskan mill and made up all the roof sheating and we installed it and laid down 3 bundles of shingles.  The next day (14) Bryan nailed down the remaining 5 bundles of shingles while Vikki insulated the ceiling and stapled poly.  Then we put up the ceiling boards.   We are pushing ourselves hard but are so pleased with ourselves...It is a good feeling!!!!

7 comments:

  1. Fantastic progress. Thanks for uploading all the images. I liked the lunch box shot and the detail images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great site! It makes me wish I were there but this is the next best thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! What a beautiful cabin you have built! in such time too.
    Bryan, you've done this once or twice before! thanks you guys for documenting the whole thing and keeping us updated, it's been so great. I love how the inside is flat walled as I assume it will be bright inside compared to logs with bark on them. It looks so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bryan&Vikki
    Fantastic progress in 2 weeks .Bryan those gables look like they were cut by a surgeon !!!! Enjoy your lunch :)Brian(:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice looking cabin there. Getting pretty fancy too I may add. Up town shingles. Stylish windows and all. A real home away from home.
    I could use one of those out at the claims at Gladys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. will you put something over the windows to keep bears out Bryan,wish I was there

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like construction is almost complete but for the finishing touches.cant believe you progressed so fast. ken

    ReplyDelete