
WHEN TRAPPING IS DONE BY Bryan McNeil April 13, 2008
Here I sit waiting for spring
And all I see is the same old thing.
Snowing and blowing all day and all night.
Wait 3 months and it will be alright.
There goes April and here comes May.
Might crawl on my sled and go ice fishing today.
The lake froze over in October, or was it November.
It's been so dang long that I just can't remember.
Since I'm a chainsaw man, I don't have an auger.
When chopping a hole, I'm a miner not a logger.
With my 3' bar and my 6' chisel,
I pick a spot off the point as it starts to drizzle.
I cut and I chop til my elbows start to hurt
And I begin to wonder if I'm going to hit dirt.
I'm beginning to whine like a little mongrel pup
When I finally break thru and the water boils up.
Now I'm way too tired to start to fish
So I sit back on my sled and I start to wish.
"For a boat and a motor and maybe some rain."
What I'm talking about, is summer again!
Now I'm sick of the snow and I'm sick of the white.
The four months of trapping, well that was alright.
Three more months of winter, I can hardly wait
Heck, I hope like a child, that summers not late
The geese and the ducks will be here soon
I long for the call of an Artic Loon.
But if winter don't leave and spring keeps balking
They'll be out on the lake, like me WALKING.
Summer will come and I know spring is near
But I'll get sick of that too, you never fear.
By late September, I'll wish to go trapping
So someone please tell me. "STOP YOUR SNIVELING AND YAPPING".
No comments:
Post a Comment