
Last night when I went to bed up stairs in the loft, I thought I could smell fumes but I put it down to the Coleman lantern I had been reading by. But no....I must have used the last of the propane. We have a great system with 2 100 lb tanks connected to one line. All I had to do was turn the dial to the full tank and open valve. In the cabin I re lit the stove pilots, fridge pilot and Bosch Instant Demand hot water heater pilot.

There is always heavy fog over the lake at this time of year. Our lake is 5 km long and shaped like the #8. Our cabins are on the N. side of the narrows. On the far West end where KS Creek leaves the lake is the Taku River Tlingit Fish Weir Cabin. Usually 2 or 3 members of the Taku River Tlingit Band work the weir taking samples and counting the Sockeye for July and Aug. We have them over for supper on Friday nights and enjoy their company. This year Joey Jack and George Sidney worked the weir and we really like them both. At the east end of the lake is a large Guide-Outfitter lodge just taken over by a collective group I believe called Ceri including Round River Conservation Studies and the Taku River Tlingit First Nations. They started flying in on Sunday 14th for the week. Ron from Wildman Productions in Whitehorse and his wife Anne invited us all to the lodge for dinner on Sun night and it was fabulous. Grilled shrimp, asparagus and sauce, grilled chicken, Caesar Salad and chocolate cake....No fancy restaurant could have done better. We enjoyed great conversation with two very interesting people.
Mike, Dennis, Mark, Julian, Pic, Kim, Suzanne, John, Joey and Richard flew in on two flights Monday. We see them go by and wave. It is nice having people on the lake but also a little unnerving. While still looking for animals and going about my daily life, I find myself looking to see where they are on the lake.
It's 9am and Chris just flew by the narrows and landed at the lodge. Hannah our dog is running, barking and hoping that Bryan is coming back. But no....more people coming and going. I always stand on the wharf and wave goodbye....Chris tilts his wings and then is gone. I wipe a tear away
No comments:
Post a Comment