

Round River and the Taku River Tlingit are flying out today. They sent over boxes of fresh food and bread etc and a big bag of scraps for our chickens. Also empty wine bottles because I had mentioned that I make my own wine and beer. we really appreciate it. It costs about a dollar a pound to fly things out here.
When each plane leaves I go out and wave goodbye. I always find tears rolling down my cheeks. On the second flight all the remaining people piled in leaving Chris to fly back alone and pick-up the rest of their gear by himself. It always is funny how they can't wait to get back to their cities and towns. We find when we do go out for supplies we can't wait to get back here to the quiet of nature. Chris dropped by to say hi which I appreciated and waved his wings as he flew by our dock. Within an hour the difference on the lake is noticeable.
No comments:
Post a Comment