I'd snuggled back into the blankets at 7 am after putting more wood in the stove and was peacefully dreaming when I suddenly woke up. I could still hear the noise in my head. I went outside and in a few minutes there it came again. It is not very often you hear them. Usually it is after daybreak or evening. But this is the first I've heard since last year. This was just a lone wolf howling. Bryan thought he'd heard one last week.
On the SBX Radio " On Shed" yesterday Herb from Scoop Lake was telling Don he would be camped out by the horses (seven miles from his cabin) for the next two nights. Some were ready to foal. He said there was a pack of 30 wolves giving him trouble. Last week it was -44 cel there. Last night was probably -30 cel there and here Herb is bunked out in it...... keeping the wolves away.
In the middle of the night I knew Bee had found something interesting because of all the noise. This morning she proudly showed me her catch. A little screw. They are bitter to eat.
Today more skull cleaning.......and later I will start to make up french fries with gravies and cheese on top.... Bryan's favourite. He should be back early evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Vikki , how do you clean your skull, on my side a used Bettles ( dermistid ).
ReplyDeleteI hope you are ok now for your shoulder , In north BC , in the middle of the woods , it not a good place to have problem healt ..
the skulls are cool.do you ever sell them or the pelts. hope things are better with your shoulder.
ReplyDeleteLove the skulls!
ReplyDeleteVikki, just to let you know, we are all waiting for Bryan to return safely too. I sure hope Herb can get some of those wolves.
ReplyDelete