Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Irridium Sat phone and I Spot lost til spring.

Well!!!! Just how stupid do we feel.  They are someplace in the snow bank somewhere along the Bucket Trail....waiting for spring to show up again.  Hopefully we find them before the bears do.

The last Vikki remembers seeing the bright yellow waterproof bag was the lst week in January, when Bryan reluctantly took it with him after Vikki insisting.   (Hardly any snow on the trail made skidooing real tough and Vikki stayed home)   It was a week later before the search of the cabin, skinning shed, and boat shed showed up nothing.  "You were irresponsible to give it to me when you knew I didn't want it".  Guess who said that!!!!
Emergency contact is becoming more important the further away from our main camp.  We still have the I COM satellite radio and Walkers' Line cabin is right under the flight path of jets heading to Anchorage and Fairbanks, Alaska.  I can just hear some pilot of some big Passenger jet saying....." Just who is this ???? and what are you doing down there in the middle of nowhere?
Last year we made it 25 km past our new line cabin and got to within 8 km of Wade's (trapper here in the 90's) line cabin down on the Sutlahine river.  Wade used to stay down at the Inklin/Sutlahine Line cabin and go up the Sutlahine R. to his line cabin 19 km south.  Our goal is to have a circle route.  About 100 km, about 80 as the crow flies.  There are two big Mountain Ranges in the centre of this circle.  

1 comment:

  1. Hey Trappers its always a pain to lose something .I hope it turns up when the thaw comes.And that you manage the circle route .Take care :)

    ReplyDelete