Total Pageviews

Friday, November 7, 2008

Left at home


Today was 'Chicken Day'....no need to say more about that. My wrist is just about healed from when "Cheeko" my little tundra fell on me the 1st Day of Skidooing Oct 30 but it is better to have it right back to normal because Skidooing trail is tough here. There is one part of the trail along the lake we call the short cut.....you have to climb up 300' at about 40 degrees and then drop down again (this goes around a big rock outcrop). It was the first snow of the year and not set and I only made it up 100'. I was coming back from my storage shed with the canner to put the chicken jars in, when I saw the lights of Bryan's 550 Tundra Skidoo at the East end of the lake heading home.
Hannah saw them also and was quickly at the end of the wharf barking her head off. She knows people drop in from the Sky here.
Nothing in the game bag tonight but lots of Marten and Moose tracks. Trapping of Marten started Nov. 1. So far we have 2. We are just starting to put out traps because Marten are just getting prime here. I always go with Bryan. It is hard to be left at home.

2 comments:

  1. We had raised 26 Leghorn chicks from 1 day old. we can't keep that many over the winter so 16 went into the canning jars. We kept the tame ones and ones that were laying eggs.

    ReplyDelete