| Deer hide |
| 30% Alpaca 70% Wool Felt 3/4" thick |
| Bought from Halford Hides a couple of years ago |
| Blanket stitch |
| Each Thumb fits on differently |
| Bryan's new traveling Mitts. These are not working mitts. | We have boxes of boughton mitts that aren't worth a darn in really cold weather |
hello to both of you, thanks for giving - your experiences and the knowledge that it is possible in this day to still provide what you need in life. those mittens look like they will keep your hands warm and dry.take care ken k.
ReplyDeleteYour day-to-day sharing is invaluable. Every time I start a project I have to jump in the car and run to the hardware store. You must make pretty comprehensive shopping lists before your winter isolation.
ReplyDeleteI showed your recent post to my wife who asked why I did not skin the squirrels who 'have bad accidents' when visiting my bird feeders.
Hello Ken, Art and Steve...It's real nice to hear from you.... we love the life out here. It's hard but well worth the trouble. And Art... we have lists everywhere and when we think of something we put it down on paper immediately. Then all those lists get put down in a note book. If that gets lost we'd be in real big trouble...... I choked on my coffee then I read the bad accidents.
ReplyDeleteSnazzy looking mittens!!!
ReplyDeleteMy newest pair of mittens were out of lynx that I bought from friends over here who trap. They are amazing and hopefully someone buys them soon.