Now, even out cleaning up trail is a Gatherers Good Time. Came back yesterday with Devil's Club Root pulled from center of trail, Arnica flowers for Vikki's sore knees, and some wild Saskatoon shoots for rooting with the help of Willow in their water. Been adding plantain leaves to our salad and had Dandelion Pancakes a few days ago.
THIS BOOK IS A WONDERFUL REFERENCE BOOK... and worth every penny.
| DANDELION ROOT. |
| SPRUCE TIPS AND WILD STRAWBERRY LEAVES (FOR TEA) |
nice! I just ordered this book. I used to live in the Yukon, in Saskatchewan now, but I am sure I will get some good out of it! I love Beverly Gray, she's very knowledgeable.
ReplyDeletelooks like you're having a good summer. that was one big moose. we have alligators to panthers here.no moose though. always found natural medicine and herbs interesting .ken
ReplyDeleteSo glad you are enjoying it and using it ! you are in the perfect position to make the most out of this book and your surroundings! Harvest away! When are you coming out to Atlin next? Still looking for a trapline in the Yukon or Atlin region! Cheers, Cathie
ReplyDeleteWonderful to have this back. Hello to everybody.
ReplyDelete