Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Grizzly ate Chainsaw handlebar



Last night a Grizzly ate the handlebar off of Bryan's chainsaw and stole his hammer.

10 comments:

  1. The hammer right beside Bryan's hand in the first picture?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is his other hammer he had to get from the shop. He looked and looked but no blue handled hammer was at mill. The Griz took it with him....Grazy eh. Either that or it is stuck in his stomach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Grizzlylocks and the Two Trappers"

    The Grizzly wandered into the cabin to look for some tools to build a new den. First, she looked at the Alaskan Mill. "That one is tooo big," she though. Then, she investigated the chansaw. "That one is tooo noisy," she said. Then she found the hammer. "This one is just right!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeh!!!! I can hear the GRIZ building a cabin with it but I don't feel like taking it away

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for creating this great blog! I have just recently discovered it and had a bit of time today to read some of your old posts. Some of them, particularly the one about the wolves eating the moose, really make an impression. Our moose are lucky around here down in central BC– no wolves, too close to civilization for that. We have a few moose down in our beaver ponds and they get to rule the roost around here.

    I appreciate having this opportunity to read about a fascinating way of life that most of us will never even have any contact with, never mind get to experience.

    I once had a bear run away with a pair of new rubber boots (maybe he liked the awful smell of them?), but a hammer?

    Fireweed

    ReplyDelete
  6. No real loss Bryan, just a inconvenience. Better off with a Husky anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had the handle repaired quickly, no problems. It's 105 km to the nearest store for parts by Bushplane and so I will be more careful where I leave it next time. Besides the Styl I run a 365 Huski and a 395 Huski. They all have their good points but I like my Styl the best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder why a grizzly would need to cut down trees?? (g).

    Carolyn H.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I stumbled onto your blog the other day just by clicking through other peoples blogs, and I gotta say, I just love your blog! I live in Massachusetts, as you could pretty much guess from my blog name, and your way of life is just so far removed from anything one would find down here.

    For my part, I've always been fascinated by the North, its weather, its wildlife, and the ability for people like yourselves to live a lifestyle so different from my own.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to live in a city for alot of my life and always desired the bush life. Bryan lived in both the city and the bush. Now we are living a dream. It is wonderful BUT REALLY HARD WORK....

    ReplyDelete